Oxfordshire PRs now on Ancestry

Discussion in 'Oxfordshire' started by Steve Bumstead, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Steve Bumstead

Steve Bumstead Well-Known Member

At long last (OFHS, who paid for the digitalisation had the photography done over a year ago) the images of Oxfordshire PRs are now online. Superb images although the Ancestry indexing is patchy as usual. Just go to the parish if you can't find what you want and enjoy perusing the registers page by page. It's better than reading a novel!

If you're thinking of joining Ancestry just for these, join the OFHS first and you'll get a 30% reduction in the fee. I think this also applies to OFHS members renewing

Steve

Auburn, HildaW, Findem and 4 others like this.
  2. MollyMay

MollyMay Knows where to find the answers!

Thank you Steve - now I can recheck what I did years ago on visits to Oxford (and the transcription only cd's that I have) and perhaps find those missing links:)

Ma-dotcom likes this.
  3. janetbooth

janetbooth Top Dog Stalwart

Thank you for this information, Steve. A fair few of my paternal ancestors hailed from Oxfordshire and although I have a number of the FHS parish register transcript cds, it will be so much better to see the actual images.

Janet

Ma-dotcom likes this.