Problem, Ancestry's Essex Parish Register Index (EPRI)

Discussion in 'Essex' started by Findem, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Findem

Findem The Fearless One

Tried to do some verification and research on my Warner line this morning 11.45 am Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) searched baptisms, Essex wide, Warner, 1690 1750, not one result, I also tried with Wa* and W*, I even used the full name, date and place of one still nothing.

I have a John Warner bap 4 Sep 1720 at Barling, Essex from the PRs at the ERO, four children of John and Jane (aka Jenny) Warner 1745 to 1750, 3 baptised at Gt Baddow and 1 baptised at Broomfield, so I know there should be results.

So if you don't find anything on the EPRI today try later or another day.

2. Findem

Findem The Fearless One

Just tried a search on Smith, Essex, 1690 to 1710, nothing, I can't believe there were no Smiths baptised between those years somewhere in Essex, if
    I were to check my several Smith lines I'm sure I'd find a heap.

There is no message on Ancestry to advise of a problem, unless I missed it , going back in to check.

3. Archie's Mum

Archie's Mum Always digging up clues

Not having much luck today Derek? FS has 310,000 of them so they should be there somewhere. :D Darn modern gizzmoes more trouble than they’re worth.

Findem likes this.
  4. Murfomurf

Murfomurf Well-Known Member

South Australia ACT 2.18 pm: 1-20 of 55,080 Results for Name: John Smith Birth Year (Range): 1750 - 1900 Country: England State or Province: Essex Record Type: Birth, Baptism, and Christenings

Findem likes this.
  5. MollyMay

MollyMay Knows where to find the answers!

Derek, I think, on Sunday (I had the grandchildren so did not pay much attention) there was a banner on Anc saying that there was maintenance work being done on Tuesday (?) and there may be problems with retrieving records - so you may have been caught up in that

Findem, Half Hour and GrannyBarb like this.
  6. Half Hour

Half Hour Well-Known Member

Yes...they did some some records would not be available from 1am to 9am EDT on Tues.

MollyMay likes this.
  7. Findem

Findem The Fearless One

Tried late yesterday, Wednesday, evening and it was working OK.

A reply to my query with Ancestry yesterday was that they thought the problem was that I had "a sticky filter", not sure why or if a sticky filter would only effect just Ancestry!