Proving this lady is mine

Discussion in 'Empire & Commonwealth' started by The Artful Dodger, Mar 30, 2018.

1. The Artful Dodger

The Artful Dodger R.I.P.

Ethel May Fulham married William David Dunlop 11 Feb. 1911 in Sydney, NSW. I have a death notice for a William David Dunlop dying 28 July 1951 @ R.P.A. Hospital Camperdown, NSW. - wife Ethel. I have William David and Ethel May in 1949 Electoral Rolls living @ 51 Kingston St. Haberfield, NSW and William David is a Green Grocer.

There are 3 Ethel May Dunlop's on NSW BMD - 2 I think I can eliminate as they name the parents who are not the parents of my Ethel May. The remaining one died in 1982 in Miranda which - I believe - is a suburb of Souther Sydney. Her age is given as 89 years. My Ethel May was born in Ashfield, NSW 1892 reg. #4838/1892.

Looking at Electoral Rolls for 1980 shows the address as 13/157 President Ave., Miranda. Could this be a retirement residence?

2. Archie's Mum

Archie's Mum Always digging up clues

157 President Ave Miranda is a group of Housing Dept one bedroom units for the elderly where they pay a small portion of their pension towards rent. It is 5 minutes walk from my Mums house and where I grew up. :D

Sis and The Artful Dodger like this.
  3. Archie's Mum

Will clarify. It is not a retirement village but simply a group of small unit housing for those of limited means. Not necessarily the aged and elderly but mostly they occupy them for life.

The Artful Dodger likes this.
  4. Archie's Mum

Ethel May was cremated at Woronora Cemetery, Sutherland on 30/5/1982 her ashes were sent to Rookwood Cemetery on 7/10/1982. As Ethel and William were living in Haberfield in 1949 and William died in 1951 then it makes sense that William was cremated or buried at Rookwood as this the closest Cemetery to Haberfield. I guess Ethel was sent to be with him.

The Artful Dodger and Daft Bat like this.