Roots Magic 8

Discussion in 'Genealogy Software' started by ColinA, Jan 10, 2022.

1. ColinA

ColinA Well-Known Member

I use Roots Magic 7, UK edition. I suppose I will upgrade to V8 from the people who supply it in the UK (S&N). I have never been clear how the UK edition is better (more appropriate) for us in the UK than the widely available version.

What do people use? (I did find that auto-updates of RM7 would crash so I had to update by downloading the free version each time which was easy to do as my key kept working.)

Is anyone using RM8 UK here yet and do you like it?

2. patten-walsh

patten-walsh Well-Known Member

I have used Roots Magic for years and a month or so ago I downloaded the new Version 8 and tried it along side V7, to be quite honest it's the usual story of "if it isn't broken then leave it alone"
    I didn't like V8, i suppose because I am so used to V7, I found that I had to look around more to find the information that I needed and some items had to be initiated from drop down boxes rather than already being on screen.

Ma-dotcom and ColinA like this.
  3. Ma-dotcom

Ma-dotcom A Bonza Little Digger!

I had a go, have had Rootsmagic for years & not really used it further than original loading of family. Decided to try it, 'free' then needed the whole deal. They kept knocking back my card details so left it at that. I've changed card afew times since I bought original. Legacy always main thing here, even Family Historian didn't changed me. ;)