Service Records 1945

Discussion in 'British Electoral Rolls' started by Ma-dotcom, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Ma-dotcom

Ma-dotcom A Bonza Little Digger!

I have found Family living in Bermondsey in Webster St. in 1930 with parents 'Scott' & an Aunt & Uncle 'Free' also 1939 who later moved to Albion St. so listed from 1945.
    One daughter b.1919 has (ACCH 275/3) next to her name & a woman with same name (ACCH 275/2) This I took to have been her Mother [listed as dying in 1943.]:confused:
    Another daughter b. 1922 was in 1939 listed as a Military machinist & is in 1945 shown separately on "Service Records" but with same address in Albion st.
    1946 still listed separately under
    Part of Ward no. 1 of Rotherhithe-Polling district "G"
    by scrolling back two pages she is still under Service Register.(X)

Would this young woman have been actually a member of the forces or just employed in a Gov't or Military run establishment? Perhaps making uniforms or parachutes or aircraft bits & bobs? Not found a marriage for her but she may have been listed

2. Archie's Mum

Archie's Mum Always digging up clues

Could she have been conscripted for work in a munitions factory?
    (small arms, cartridge cases etc)

3. Ma-dotcom

Ma-dotcom A Bonza Little Digger!

Quite possible Sue, as she was only 17 in 1939 & working in the 'industry', I have not found any enlistment for her as Military personnel. Nor have I found her with positive entries past 1946.
    Unsure now why my initial entry was unfinished, may have concerned a person of same name listed with one who may have been her Brother in the next few years.