Students of Ripon Training College

Discussion in 'Education' started by Margaret Roberts, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Margaret Roberts

Margaret Roberts New Member

Hi everyone - further to my earlier post on this forum regarding the Principal Miss Valentine Norah Hall. I am now on the hunt for 3 sisters who may have attended Ripon during the 1940-1950s - their surname was Storey and they were called Catharine Margaret, born in 1929 [later to become Lady Popplewell], Rosemary Jennifer, born 1922 and Helen Diana, born 1935 They may not have attended Ripon TC at all but their widowed mother was a great friend of Miss Valentine Hall and moved from Crewe with her daughters, when Miss Hall was appointed as Principal in the 1940s and then followed Miss Hall when she moved on to St Mary's, Cheltenham. Together with a colleague I am writing a book on three of the most influential vice-principals of the Cheshire Training College, of which Miss Hall is one and I am researching her life story. I have alot of information but the three girls are mentioned in her will and I wondered if anyone recalled them, if indeed they did attend Ripon. Also, while I'm here, do any old girls recall a lady by the name of Waterer who may have been domestic staff? Thanks everyone x

2. Daft Bat

Daft Bat Administrator. Chief cook & bottle washer! Staff Member

Please be mindful that details of living or potentially living people are not permitted.

@Margaret Roberts can you confirm that all parties mentioned in your post are now deceased, please?

Thanks. :)

Margaret Roberts and Ma-dotcom like this.
  3. Margaret Roberts

Margaret Roberts New Member

Hello Jan - yes many apologies - I should have made that clear - all the ladies mentioned above are indeed now deceased.

Daft Bat likes this.
  4. Daft Bat

Daft Bat Administrator. Chief cook & bottle washer! Staff Member

Thank you. :)