The Brannon children - missing information

Discussion in 'Middlesex' started by BernardOC, Oct 27, 2016.

1. BernardOC

BernardOC Active Member

Thomas Leonard Brannon and his wife Katherine,of St George in the East, Middlesex, had 4 children. I have been unable to complete details for three of them.
    1. Thomas Ridall Brannon birth 1835 St Geo in the East. Not on any census after 1851.(in the 1851 census down as Brown) so missing date/place of death any marriage etc.
    2. James Brannon birth 1843 St Geo in East. nothing for him after 1881 census when he was head of house living in Mile End as (widower).Missing his marriage and date death etc'
    3.Katherine Brannon born 1847 St Geo in East and last found on 1871census living in Nottingham Place, Mile End. (Census spelt Brannon as Brosman). Nothing on Katherine after this date.

If anyone can help with adding to the missing information it will assist me in closing the Brannon story. Thank you.

2. Jellylegs

Jellylegs Well-Known Member

James George BRANNON married Sarah DREHER on 17 Sep 1883 in Poplar (certificate on Ancestry). They can be found on the following census (with children)

1891 RG12/311/79/42

1901 RG13/1611/155/8

1911 RG14/Piece 9621/Schedule 273

Will look for earlier marriage.

Found it. He married Mary Ann Elizabeth GOULD on 15 Sep 1872, St. George's East, Middlesex (certificate on Ancestry).

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    BernardOC likes this.
  3. Jellylegs

There is an entry on the death index of a Mary Ann E BRANNON, aged 36 in the December quarter of 1878. Mile End district, Vol. 1c, Page 371.

BernardOC likes this.
  4. Jellylegs

Death registration of James G BRANNON - December quarter 1917, age 74, which ties in with a birth year of 1843. West Ham district, Vol 4a, Page 247.

BernardOC likes this.
  5. Jellylegs

There is a death registration of a Katharine Priscilla BRANNON, aged 40 in the December quarter 1887. Mile End registration district, Vol 1c, Page 358.

Looks like her mother's death may have been registered in the September quarter of the same year. Age is a couple of years out according to the 1881 census, but I haven't looked in earlier census to see if the age is consistent.

BernardOC likes this.
  6. BernardOC

BernardOC Active Member

Many thanks for all the information you have supplied in your four posts. I have now practically completed my Brannon story.

Jellylegs and Daft Bat like this.