The County of Middlesex

Discussion in 'Middlesex' started by Eve, Feb 8, 2022.

1. Eve

Eve Well-Known Member

For those with an interest in the county of Middlesex can I recommend a Facebook group which covers the very large area that is Middlesex. This includes most of what is now the ceremonial county of Greater London north of the Thames, except the confines of the so called square mile of the “city of London”. It runs East to Tower Hamlets and North to the borders of Hertfordshire. It includes most of London’s East End as well as places like Hackney and even a small area of my birthplace Barnet in the north, which caused me a few headaches ! It is not a genealogy group but there is a lot of information on the history and places of the county of Middlesex, covering old and new and giving definitive explanations of its many incarnations and that despite thoughts to the contrary and attempts to diminish it, proudly proclaims that it still remains the Historic County of Middlesex.

Sis, Ma-dotcom, Chimp and 4 others like this.
  2. Eve

Eve Well-Known Member

Sorry, struggled with link ! The group is Middlesex Heritage, Spelthorne Heritage, Potters Bar & South Mimms Heritage -
    Code:
    [URL]https://www.facebook.com/groups/CountyofMiddlesex/?__cft__%5B0%5D=AZXEl5qHqw9lUet_YWEYF9anRSGVKVRoIlipR348GLuGz6tzGGs410cK-4FUXaIMM1xlbFQ7q9CxYmQZx9JSl5CidoVCJFDyn6xmpkMmIPFNQXcJSN1HNyKslCW6I8upq3X4xHobDgabPU4MApE91bSWkBmEH1g4x-4dfyvceVOUiyO0ano60I3hyBn6NpYxk14&__tn__=R%5D-R[/URL][code]

Ma-dotcom likes this.
  3. Ma-dotcom

Ma-dotcom A Bonza Little Digger!

It didn't want to happen for me Lass, but if you cut off everything before facebook, & everything after Middlesex, it will come up in the lists.
    or
    Code:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/CountyofMiddlesex/permalink/1686416455081911/

Chimp, Daft Bat and Eve like this.
  4. Eve

Eve Well-Known Member

Thanks Wendy x