the elusive Kilpatricks

Discussion in 'Empire & Commonwealth' started by marcia geaney, Jul 20, 2017.

1. marcia geaney

marcia geaney New Member

Once again, these Kilpatricks have eluded me Sue. I know Edward Boyce married Ivy in March 1909 and also that Reginald B(Boyce) was also born in 1909??? in the death records for Edward Boyce it says his death was 12th November 1915 and registered in Cunnamulla Queensland? If he had died in the war, would his death be registerred in his hometown?

2. Archie's Mum

Archie's Mum Always digging up clues

Hi Marcia.
    Marcia sent me message wondering about the death of Boyce Edward/Edward Boyce Kilpatrick who died in 1915. Nothing at all on Trove for a notice of any kind. It doesn't appear that Boyce and Ivy Elizabeth Wallace Allison who he married in 1909 had any children although I may have missed them. Ivy married again to Alfred Rush in 1917.
    Thanks for the extra info on his death Marcia. I looked at WW1 records and couldn't find anything for him so it seems you may have to purchase his death certificate or a cheaper option is a transcription from a transcription agent. There are 3 here in NSW to choose from who will do interstate lookups for you. At least the one I use does.
    Not sure about the registration of war deaths though but the certificate will tell you.
    Well, there you go, there is a child...thanks.

Ma-dotcom likes this.
  3. Archie's Mum

Reginald Boyce Kilpatrick was registered at Bourke in 1909

4. Archie's Mum

There are a few mentions of Kilpatrick at Cunnamulla but mostly referring to droving sheep so I'm guessing they were of that occupation. No report of accidents, nothing. Might try Kirkpatrick as I think something turned up in that name on your thread for William Kilpatrick

5. marcia geaney

marcia geaney New Member

Yes Sue
    William Kirkpatrick, married Elizabeth Hobbs in 1845. he was a convict transported here on the Elphinstone 1830. He would have been Boyce Edward's grandfather

6. marcia geaney

marcia geaney New Member

Hi again
    I was just wondering if there are any early coroner's reportd for Queensland. If Boyce died by accident then perhaps there woud have been an inquest. I can only find those for NSW.:angel:

7. Daft Bat

Daft Bat Administrator. Chief cook & bottle washer! Staff Member

8. Chrissy Fletcher

Chrissy Fletcher New Member

Hello. I am a descendant of Catherine Bourke nee Campbell who married for the second time as a widow to Thomas Curtis a widower, at Patricks Plains, Singleton NSW in 1866. The witness at their marriage was Elizabeth Mary Kilpatrick who signed her name with X, so could not write. I have been trying for many, many years to identify the parents of Catherine Campbell (born 1822 Glasgow) and am hoping Elizabeth may have been a relative. Of course she was possibly just a neighbour and/or friend. I found a marriage for Elizabeth Hobbs to William Kilpatrick. Can anybody help me with this Elizabeth Mary Kilpatrick and what her maiden name might have been? Many thanks, Chrissy in Melbourne.

Murfomurf and GrannyBarb like this.
  9. Archie's Mum

Hi Chrissy,
    I believe that Elizabeth Kilpatrick married William when she was 15 at Windsor, NSW. She was the daughter of Robert Hobbs and Sarah Wright. Robert was the son of convict Robert Hobbs. (Australian Royalty)

Murfomurf likes this.
  10. Archie's Mum

My Heritage tree has Catherine Campbell/Bourke/Curtis father as Robert born 1804 and mother Margaret 1807

11. Murfomurf

Murfomurf Active Member

Re Samuel Pretty: Geni says he is my great uncle's first cousin twice removed's husband's brother's wife's first cousin once removed's wife's first cousin once removed's husband's brother's wife's uncle's wife's sister's husband's grandfather... not a close relative, exactly, LOL.

12. Archie's Mum

Lots of intermarriage with these convicts. Seems all us descendants are related somewhere along the line. Bit like Royalty. :rolleyes: Except the gene pool was larger.

Doug likes this.
  13. Half Hour

Half Hour Well-Known Member

:eek::eek::eek:

14. Ma-dotcom

Ma-dotcom A Bonza Little Digger!

I reckon I could tell you whose tree thqt is just from reading the above display, I wonder if I am wright?

Murfomurf likes this.