1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The rest of the offspring of William and Emma Jane Venner

Discussion in 'Cornwall' started by Genie1, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Genie1

Genie1 Well-Known Member

Leah born 1871
    1871 at New Bridge, Lezant, Launceston, Cornwall with parents and siblings. Spelt Leaha.
    1881 at Landrake Village, Landrake with St Erney, St Germans, Cornwall with parents and siblings.
    1891 at Oakmeadow Cottage, Coomberow, Landrake with St Erney, St Germans,
    Cornwall ,a General domestic servant .
    1901 possibly at Bodmin asylum. A pauper inmate.
    OPC has a burial for her in 1902.
    Georgina born 1875.
    1881 at Landrake Village, Landrake with St Erney, St Germans, Cornwal with parents and siblings.
    1891 at East Markwell, Landrake with St Erney, St Germans, Cornwall a general servant.
    I believe that she married Joseph George Benorthan in 1903 at Devonport and that
    she died in 1958 Plymouth district.
    Jessie born 1869. I can't find her after 1871.
    There is another Jessie marrying a Benjamin Venner but that one was born in Marmchurch.
    Albert Venner born 1879 I can't find him in 1901 but in 1881,1891and 1911.
    Don't know anything else about him.
    There is a military record but not Albert's . That chap has a father Richard.
    Sidney born 1885 1891 and 1901 with parents at St Germans.
    Don't know what happened to him.

2. Genie1

Genie1 Well-Known Member

Looking at the 1911 census-again. I find that Albert is with his parents and that he is married and a mason and is living at Tideford.. Missed that he was married the first time around:oops:
    The military records have an Albert Venner and he was an apprentice at St Germans -Mr. W. Venner 5 years.
    This is going well, then on the military information I see that father is Richard Venner ,Landrake and is crossed out and Albert's wife Blanche Gertrude born Cornwood, is next of kin.
    Are there 2 Albert Venner's or was there a mistake made.
    I have looked for Blanche but all I can find in 1911 is a married Blanch Penner born 1882 , a servant,born Cornwood ,in the house of Thomas Kerswell.
    Details of their marriage is on the record.

3. Genie1

Genie1 Well-Known Member

There is an 1886 marriage of Jessie Venner to William Henry Saunders at Burator and her father is William and a mason and one of the witnesses are William Venner and Philip Cook.
    1881 has a Selina J Venner who is a farm servant and the right age at Landrake. William and Emma are living quite close to her.
    Is it Jessie and for what ever reason somebody decided to name her Selina as well?:confused:
    I think that I have the correct Jessie re marriage:)

4. Genie1

Genie1 Well-Known Member

I have looked high and low and obviously not in the right places for Sidney born 1885 and still can't find him after 1901 when he was living with his parents.
    In the 1901 census at Mill Road,Tideford , there is also a grandson to William and Emma who was born 1894 at Kingsbridge ,Devon.
    Who is he?
    I have looked at the gov bmd but I can't fit the mother's surname into anybody connected to the Venner's.
    This family is makng me cross - eyed.

Half Hour likes this.
  5. Genie1

Genie1 Well-Known Member

I think the child Willie was a son of William and Rosa Venner and was staying with his gradparents.. 1911 census has Rosa having 1 child dying and she has another named Willie born 1909 at Menheniot.