Thomas Sampson Hawkins

Discussion in 'Empire & Commonwealth' started by Londoner, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Geoff Hawkins

Geoff Hawkins New Member

Archie's Mum and Londoner, I am very impressed with the information you both have been posting. It is filling in a lot of the detail that I was hoping to get. Can you tell me what your interest is in the Hawkins family history. Are we related?

Archie's Mum likes this.
  2. Archie's Mum

Archie's Mum Always digging up clues

I'm not related at all. Just very interested in Oz history, finding my ancestors in the same place as yours albeit a bit earlier (1826). @Londoner is I think related somehow.
    Ravensworth Homestead is now being demolished as it is on a coal field and is being moved to another site at Singleton to become a museum etc. Check it out.
    Im still ready to look for more if you like.

3. Geoff Hawkins

Geoff Hawkins New Member

Archie's Mum, thanks so much. Sure, I'm interested in further information, including Thomas Hawkins Jnr (dad's father). I'm trying to arrange it all in chronological order. It's interesting in that my mother (Agnes Kerr nee Hall) was born in Warra, near Toowoomba and I'm slowly building that history. Thanks again.

Archie's Mum likes this.
  4. Archie's Mum

Archie's Mum Always digging up clues

Ill do what I can. Happy to be of help. I like a bit of a dig around. The weather is a bit iffy up here so it will keep me busy over the weekend. Not to mention not being able to visit family still in lockdown in Leura.:(

5. Londoner

Londoner Will always roll up her sleeves and dig around

my connection is Sarah Hannah Brooke, Thomas Sampson Hawkins' first wife, whose death we have yet to find. her father was my Gt Gt grandfather's older brother