Thomas/Wallnutt

Discussion in 'Lancashire' started by mugwortismy cat, Oct 19, 2018.

1. mugwortismy cat

mugwortismy cat Tenacious to the End!

So my Heath family moved from Surrey to Liverpool (via Wales, Warwickshire and Northamptonshire), there Louisa Heath married William George Thomas on 21 Sep 1885 at St Peter's Church

Louisa was born 9 Nov 1866 in Llandudno, daughter of Charles Heath and Martha Oliff, baptised 22 Dec 1870 in Warwick. In 1871 they are in Northampton (Louisa's birthplace incorrectly given as Standish, Northants). Thereafter in Liverpool.

William George was born abt 1865 in London (maybe the Strand area, maybe St Pancras o_O), son of William George and Emily, in St Pancras in 1871, thereafter in Liverpool

Louisa and WG married in an Anglican church but most subsequent records are found in the Catholic registers

Two of their sons married Wallnutt sisters; William George (b 8 Nov 1887) married Marie/Maria 23 Jun 1913 at St Francis Xavier (West Derby RD); James Alfred (b 8 Apr 1896) married Catherine Frances in Dec 1916 West Derby RD

So I am fairly sure the first two Thomas/Wallnutt births belong to WG & Marie. But I can't find them in 1939

I found James and Catherine, though James made himself 5 years older; so I know one of their children

and after typing all that I'm not really able to ask for help with the children as some are potentially still living :oops:.

But I do need help identifying William George's first marriage. In the 1911 census with his parents he is widowed, and there is a 2 year-old grandson, also William George.

the only birth registration for a William George right time and place has mmn of Robinson. But I've checked this out, Beatrice Robinson daughter of Eber, married William Thomas son of William, in a RC church so I was hopeful despite the name not being William George. But the couple can be found in 1911.

I am wondering if it was the marriage in Mar 1908 West Derby which has three grooms and two brides ... But I am going in circles, need fresh eyes please :(

2. mugwortismy cat

Actually there are three children with James and Catherine in 1939 :rolleyes:

3. MollyMay

MollyMay Knows where to find the answers!

I have found Marie and 4 children - 3 sons and one redacted entry in 1939.
    She is widowed.
    Edenhurst, Merrilocks Road, Crosby MD (RG101/4728B/017/11 Letter code)
    Marie dob 27/8/1889
    John dob 23/3/1914
    Francis dob 9/11/1915
    James 11/12/1921

There is a Marie Godson[?] also listed and her surname has been overwritten with Thomas, so she could be a potential bride for one of the sons

mugwortismy cat likes this.
  4. MollyMay

Looking back at the 1911 census for William George Thomas (1887) - he has entered his marriage details and they have been scored through but it says
    Married 2 year, 2 live births, 1 child living,
    So it looks like there should be another child, born after William George (1909) plus a death for that child and probably the wife fairly close to that.
    Looking again for births Thomas mmn Robinson - West Derby, this combination is still registering births into 1915 but it looks like 2 different families as there are 2 children registered in 2 quarters of one year.

Ma-dotcom and mugwortismy cat like this.
  5. Grizel

Grizel Well-Known Member

Lancs bmd have this William George marrying Mary E(llen) Rimmer. But I can't see any births with mmn Rimmer in Liverpool. Perhaps she was married before. Or just the wrong William George....

mugwortismy cat and MollyMay like this.
  6. mugwortismy cat

No wonder i couldn't find it, mistranscribed as Annie :sceptical:

Ma-dotcom and MollyMay like this.
  7. MollyMay

I found it by looking for Francis ;)

Ma-dotcom likes this.
  8. mugwortismy cat

:)
    Didn't think of that, I looked for Marie Godson ...

MollyMay likes this.
  9. mugwortismy cat

My head is befuddled with all the Thomases, I've tried looking for William's first marriage in North Wales, getting nowhere. Several deaths that may or may not be the second child and the wife, but too many to wrap my head around right now.
    Can't even raid Ancestry trees for pointers as no one else seems to be working on Louisa's children, nor on the Wallnutt family.
    I will have to come back to this at another time with a clearer head and a plan of attack