Unclear copy of a will

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by Sis, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Sis

Sis Rootles out resources!

Wasn't sure where to post this one, but here goes.
    I have just downloaded a copy of a will and the page is rather speckled, which is making it difficult to read in parts. I have paint.net but I can't seem to find anything in it to help remove the speckles. I will point out though I have hardly used this program so it could be staring me in the face. Does anyone know how I can get rid of these speckles please?:confused:
    I have googled it but couldn't come with anything, that made sense to me anyway:eek:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  2. AnnB

AnnB Editor in Chief who is Hot off the Press!

I know nothing about paint.net, but, if it anything like any of the other programmes of that type, it should have an erase facility. You choose an eraser and a size of brush (or whatever) and away you go - just rub out the offending speckles :)

Whenever I have done a similar thing, I have made the image as large as is comfortable to work with, as you can get finer detail with a bigger image.

Hope that helps......
    Ann

Ma-dotcom likes this.
  3. Sue036

Sue036 Well-Known Member

If you are able to post snippets of the tricky parts of the will here we might be able to help you to decipher them. (When I say 'we' I mean the wider community, not necessarily me :) )

Ma-dotcom likes this.
  4. Ma-dotcom

Ma-dotcom A Bonza Little Digger!

Here's what I have used in 'window's paint' Sis:
    click on 'paint' in your programmes,-at top-click 'blue box'-'open', when your saved will appears click on it, & it will appear in your paint window.click on the little orange oblong (eraser) a small white box appears on your document. A steady hand will erase any unwanted print or marks.
    erase.PNG eraser.PNG

AnnB likes this.
  5. Sis

Sis Rootles out resources!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Will give the erase a go. If not will try to post a snippet.