Walter Brand Stallan

Discussion in 'Cambridgeshire' started by Figgs, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Figgs

Figgs Well-Known Member

Hi D. Grunewald......welcome to the unofficial Stallan research site!! My fellow researchers on here did a bang-up job on Walter Brand Stallan and descendants. My husband's mother was a Stallan and his granddaughter, if I have my generations right with no tree open. Lol.

OK, opened FTM and the only Joseph Stallan I have is definitely much higher up the tree.....born in 1665 in Cambridge, England. Married to a Jeanne (Jane) Mortlock, born in 1663 same place. He is my husband Ron's 6th great-grandfather and this must be from Wilf's massive online tree, which I believe he removed!! I appear to have entered a lot of them, so we will have to find some common ground here.

WOW....I just checked the tree and the earliest Stallan was an "Edward Stallin" born in 1540 in Suffolk, England and he is Ron's 10th great-grandfather....mind-blowing!!! :eek:

Btw, Ron's cousin is Bill Stallan and he has been trying to get in touch with Wilf but no luck. Last we heard from him he was getting married!! From his hospital bed cuz he broke his hip...events were down in Colorado. Have you talked to him? Billy tried phoning and emailing.......I tracked him via Google and found the wedding (so to speak) pictures. Just a personal note to you.

So read through all the info I put out here and also all the excellent research by my friends on here.......they found all of Walter Brand's descendants.

Nice to meet up with you........and I am more than happy to share whatever info I can. :)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    Sis and Ma-dotcom like this.
  2. D Grunewald

D Grunewald New Member

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! I don’t know Wilf at all, but did see the wedding article in the paper. It sounds like he is a force to be reckoned with!

So...William Brant Stallan (Sr.) is on one of my peripheral lines. He is my 2nd cousin 4x removed. The Joseph Stallan born 1665 is my 8x Great grandfather. That is about as far back as I have gone - and it is not all sourced as of yet.
    I will certainly look at previous post and try to fill in some of my blanks.

p.s. my name is Donnalynn, but the website wouldn’t let me put my whole name in because it had too many letters!

Ma-dotcom and Sis like this.