1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watts alias Mercer

Discussion in 'General Family History Queries' started by GrannyBarb, Sep 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. GrannyBarb

GrannyBarb Custodian of the Family Accounts

This "Pillsbury" book is great! Thanks to our friend, the snipping tool, I have page images I can look at later on lines I haven't gotten to yet! :) I didn't get to Watts-Mercer until late, so have only done a cursory look.

The author makes a good case that my Samuel Watts, who married two Elizabeth Ayer(s), was a Watts alias Mercer. He came to America as a very young apprentice/servant, was a bit of a naughty boy in his youth :nailbiting:, and went on to be a respectable adult - dropping the alias business. His eldest son, John, however, used the alias on some documents, which clinches the connection. ;)

After 'morning chores' I'll capture more page images, collect them all into a folder where I can find them again (very important step), and go back to see how many of the author's sources I can find to verify.

What is not in this book on this line, at least, are leads back to England beyond what I have already in this thread. I'll come back with a few direct quotes later, if I run across anything to further the hunt.

2. Ma-dotcom

Ma-dotcom A Bonza Little Digger!

Even my interest perked up here as I have Guyatt from Hampshire & Mercer-[miss] of Kent marrying into my family lines.

GrannyBarb likes this.
  3. GrannyBarb

GrannyBarb Custodian of the Family Accounts

:)