Welcome to Canada, Aussie friends!!

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Half Hour, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Half Hour

Half Hour Well-Known Member

I've been watching news and weather sites... to those of you enjoying a "taste" of Canadian winter please remember that for most of us what you are getting would be a Spring Day, however I do understand what a shock it must be for you. I hope there aren't any cases of cars not starting as they aren't winterized..(do you even have antifreeze in most places?) and frozen water lines to your homes. Also, who wants a toque? :D

Nightryder, Sis, Ma-dotcom and 9 others like this.
  2. Archie's Mum

Archie's Mum Always digging up clues

I think I’m the only Aussie member here who actually got the snow dump.
    We knew were getting a really cold, cold snap from the Antarctic but never thought we would wake up to the magical sight on Saturday morning.
    Where we live now used to get snow like this on a regular basis, not every day, day after day but perhaps a few days each year. But it hasn’t happened now for a lot of years. You know, the old residents.......’I remember when’...
    We went for a walk yesterday morning and a few headless snow men were trying hard to hang in there on the now green front lawns, carrot noses on the ground along with their melting heads.
    I tried to upload a photo here but the file is too big.......please don’t explain how to do it......it’s a lost cause, but if you would like to message me an email I will sent one. Not that you don’t know what snow looks like but to me, who grew up in the sun and the surf it was quite a novelty.
    So thank you for your welcome, it was fun but I don’t think I could live that way month after month after month. Two days was just delightful. :D
    What’s a toque? :confused:

Chimp, Half Hour, Ma-dotcom and 2 others like this.
  3. Archie's Mum

Archie's Mum Always digging up clues

Aha...a toque, no thanks. I’ll look like a garden gnome. My beanie without the Pom Pom serves me well when required, which is not very often.