William Murrell born around 1804

Discussion in 'Surrey' started by annabel, Nov 28, 2020.

1. annabel

annabel Puts the Heart into Hertfordshire

William Murrell married Sarah Abbott in 1832 at St James, Bermondsey, they were both of that parish. The witnesses were F Abbott and Elizabeth Abbott.
    William was a leather dyer and lived at Long Lane, Bermondsey and then Tatum Place, Newington or Walworth. He died in 1849 age 43

I am struggling to find who his parents were. F and Elizabeth were perhaps siblings but I haven't found any that share parents with a likely couple, or any that were perhaps in the leather trade. Other trees have William married to someone else but I am certain this one is correct. I wonder if a fresh pair of eyes might be able to give me a clue

2. Daft Bat

Daft Bat Administrator. Chief cook & bottle washer! Staff Member

There is a baptism for a William MURRELL that took place on 26th September 1809 in Lambeth to parents William and Mary.

Bearing in mind that William's age in 1841 is 30, he could have been born any time between 1806 and 1811. After his first born son and daughter are named William and Sarah (after their parents) his next daughter is named Mary Ann. William's mother was Mary. ;)

Newington, where he was in 1841, is in the borough of Lambeth.

Just a thought...

3. gillyflower

gillyflower Always caring about others

Could this be him? Cobham St Andrew, Surrey. B 26.11.1804. Bap 17.2.1805 Parents Thomas and Mary. :)

4. annabel

I didn't see that, possibly, but there's no occupation etc

There was a daughter Elizabeth Jane born before Mary Ann in 1835 ;) Named after the witness?

5. annabel

As far as I can guess all the action is around Bermondsey, but I don't actually know :)