Bowles Family - County Tipperary

Discussion in 'County Tipperary' started by Peregrine, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Peregrine

Peregrine Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to this amazing group.
    I am descended from James Bowles and Elizabeth Barber’s daughter Jane who married Joseph Winnett. I did not have your John as a son of James and Elizabeth but it seems possible to me. They were married in 1812 and he was born 3 or 4 years later. The earliest child I had was William born 1820 who travelled to Australia and arrived 7 Jan 1840 aboard the Alfred.
    I have added your John to my tree so that I can do some research on him and determine how he might fit. But perhaps you can confirm which webpage you are referring to as the Bowles Silvermines site.
    I see you live in Warragul, so we are quite close as I am in Yarragon. If you would like to discuss further in person let me know and I will send you a personal message.

Daft Bat likes this.
  2. Daft Bat

Daft Bat Administrator. Chief cook & bottle washer! Staff Member

Small world! Just 15 minutes apart! :D

Dogsday, Vivienne Helps and Peregrine like this.
  3. Vivienne Helps

Vivienne Helps New Member

That's amazing and I am thrilled! I am sure John and William must be related,we just need to find the link. The website I found the information on is simply called The Bowles of Tipperary. Under that site, I found this:
    ""Bowles in North Tipperary
    There are just a few records (so far) for a James Bowles family living near Silvermines in North Tipperary which had one son who emigrated to Australia in 1840. Did he have other sons? James was a shoemaker as were the Boles of Fethard, in fact the occupation of shoemaker seems to run throughout the Boles/Bowles of Ireland as well as in Canada. See The Bowles of Silvermines.
    Code:
    http://freepages.rootsweb.com/~bowlesfamily/genealogy/bowles_of_silvermines.htm
    So I assumed he was an only son and came to Australia, then I later found William.
    Yes we must meet and you can message me viviennehelps on Facebook. My maiden name is Bowles. Look forward to further contact or meeting

Dogsday likes this.
  4. Dogsday

Dogsday Well-Known Member

New Friends, great :D

Peregrine likes this.