Utah BMDs

Discussion in 'United States of America' started by Ma-dotcom, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Ma-dotcom

Ma-dotcom A Bonza Little Digger!

Thanks for that Sue, not found proven bits after 1851.
    I think this is a different family. Hannah barber was born 1821/22 Norfolk, & Robert Palmer in 1809 Alburgh ,Norfolk. I don''t think Hannah was alive long enough to remarry having died in the 1860s. [not proven to me which date there-in]

I do think that some people looked up family's history & locked on a story which sounded to be their rellies, & took it as gospel.

[forgot to press post button :(]

2. Archie's Mum

Archie's Mum Always digging up clues

Same family.
    Find a grave
    Robert Palmer born 9/11/1849 (give or take I guess) died 25/5/1922 West Jordon Utah. Spouse, Charlotte Eliza Parr, father Robert Palmer, mother Hannah Barber.
    One of the children listed Ettie Hannah Palmer Smith

Ma-dotcom likes this.
  3. Ma-dotcom

Thank you Sue, couldn't stop earlier.
    I have since read that G'dtr's story & taken it in. Still wonder why she couldn't have named the 'Aunt' who took Robert in & travelled with him -a 21 yr old [listed as a spinster?] nor even the ship name. I was at first confused by the August Otto Smith & Etta Hannah , thinking they were mistaken for the parents of Robert. I noted a purported married for his Mother Hanna to two different 'Smith' men on some-ones tree.
    Am now not sure of Hannah in any census other than 1851. Will let her rest there. :(
    I was only able to find with any surety the Parrs in 1871 census & of-course later info from Utah. Seems they all began life in 1871. The father Joseph was very careless with his age. IN 1871 he was 59. several other posts have him in varied years going down fast. 1803 -1792. Elizabeth England if that is the wife had many siblings any one of whom may have been the Aunt.
    His marriage in 1830 is mentioned but I did not have time to go looking for the possibility of an 'aunt' who also travelled on the 'Wyoming on 3 July 1871.

I've decided that it is not necessary for me to find some-one whom others have chosen to omit or ignore, at least she appeared in their lives & hopefully did her bit for them all. Sad tho' that people couldn't get some names right.
    Perhaps their ecuminical beliefs had something to do with them being not easy to find, re BMDs & Censuses.

We've had a weird & trying day yesterday which didn't make for sensible Family searching.. thank goodness it's now all over.

Archie's Mum likes this.
  4. Archie's Mum

Just read the 'History of Robert Palmer and Charlotte Eliza Parr'. Some very fine embroidery work...:D Have a read when you have a moment or two. I didn't finish it.
    It mentions though that the Aunt was Mary England Scott.

Ma-dotcom likes this.
  5. Archie's Mum

():-)

Ma-dotcom likes this.
  6. Ma-dotcom

Good reading. Haven't found the embroidery yet tho'.
    Had a quick look for the Scotts on board - not found but enough is eenough.
    I may need a verbal slap to my fingers if I get in this deep again with an extension of a relly's Family. :D

Archie's Mum and Chimp like this.
  7. Archie's Mum

Not sure how far you read but I loved the part about saving the steam train by jumping from one to the other to apply the brake.......
    Just hope they weren't travelling too fast.

Ma-dotcom likes this.