A difficult one I know but...

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by Findem, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Findem

Findem The Fearless One

I found a couple of likely ones, one at Wix and one at Great Sampford, Wix is 42.7 miles = 68.8 Kms from Great Easton and Great Sampford 7.8 miles = 12.6 Kms.

Joane Hayward baptised 1 or 4 Feb 1587 at Great Sampford, Essex, daughter of Robert.
    Robert Hayward married Anne Clarant 12 Oct 1567 at Gt Sampford.
    Six children found baptised at Gt Sampford 1568 to 1590.

Joana Hayward baptised 14 Oct 1582 at Wix, Essex, daughter of Robert.
    Robert Hayward married Annyce Woode 31 Oct 1573 at Wix.
    Six children found baptised 1580 to 1590 at Wix.

The first born child found of William & Jone (nee Hayward?) Woodfine was a son Robert baptised 12 Mar 1698 at Great Easton, Essex.

Currently I favour the Robert and Anne Hayward of Great Sampford but I will check them out more tomorrow.

Wix is just about far east of Great Easton as you can go without getting wet feet, it's east of Colchester and near the east coast of Essex.

I'm not too sure of the child of Robert Hayward in Wix, John baptised 22 Oct 1590, his parent were noted as Robert & Agnes, the other children did not have a mother's name noted.
    A Robert Haywarde married Agnes Hubbarde 4 Oct 1563 at Gt Canfield, Essex, I'm wondering if John 1590 Wix is theirs.

2. janetbooth

janetbooth Top Dog Stalwart

Fingers crossed - and toes - for you, Derek.

Janet

Findem likes this.
  3. Findem

Findem The Fearless One

Thank you Janet.

I'm pretty happy with what I have but need to do a little more work to completely feel 100% sure.