Occupation?

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by MollyMay, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Daft Bat

Daft Bat Administrator. Chief cook & bottle washer! Staff Member

I wonder if he called himself a "Traveller" as that is what he had been doing - travelling. ;) It might just have been from Ireland to England, but he could well have been to other countries before settling down.

Just a thought... :)

Chimp, MollyMay, Sis and 1 other person like this.
  2. MollyMay

MollyMay Knows where to find the answers!

Thanks so much for that Ann, I had picked up the son Richard Seward Thomspson had been KIA:(. It is Richard's other son John Taylor Thompson that is my main quest.
    It is good to get the Irish details too - thanks. Richard died in 1933 in Kingston, I have ordered his will - probate to his daughter.
    John was born in 1900 and appears to have lived the first 10 years of his life in Yeovil with his grandparents, but was back in Kingston in 1911.
    When he married;) in 1927 he was a clerk in the RAF (Lark Hill Salisbury), his first child's birth was registered in Amesbury suggesting after the marriage (in Hertfordshire) he returned to Wiltshire.
    John is in Bristol as a salesman, food distributor in 1939 and died in Hertfordshire in 1983 - I have ordered his will too.

AnnB likes this.
  3. MollyMay

MollyMay Knows where to find the answers!

The Gov Wills people are working faster than the GRO:)
    2 ordered Thursday 21st August, one received yesterday and the other today, pretty good service:)
    Richard's was a disappointment, he left everything to his daughter, no mention of his son John or grandchildren.
    John's similarly left everything to the lady he was living with, she was interesting to follow, but no idea how long she and John had been together, and no mention of John's children either.
    Never mind, I sort of know what happened to John after his marriage, and I do know what happened to his wife - a still living, half sister summed it up rather well - she was not a nice lady!:nailbiting:

Sis, Daft Bat and AnnB like this.